Choosing a preschool is an important decision, but it doesn't have to be overwhelming. By following these tips, you can find a preschool that meets your child's needs and provides them with a positive learning experience.
- Start your search early. The best preschools tend to fill up quickly, so it's important to start your search early.
- Visit several preschools. Once you've narrowed down your choices, visit several preschools in person. This will give you a chance to see the facilities, meet the teachers, and get a feel for the overall atmosphere.
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors for recommendations. They may be able to give you valuable insights into the preschools in your area.
- Consider your child's needs. When choosing a preschool, it's important to consider your child's individual needs. What are their interests? What are their learning styles? What kind of environment do they thrive in?
- Think about your budget. Preschool can be expensive, so it's important to factor in the cost when making your decision.
- Look for a preschool that is Ofsted registered. Ofsted is the government body that regulates childcare in the UK. All preschools in the UK are required to be registered with Ofsted. Apsley Lock Pre School is rated 'Good' with ofsted.
- Make sure the preschool is licensed. All preschools in the UK are required to be licensed by the local authority. This ensures that the preschool meets certain safety and health standards. Feel free to check out our certification on our website.
- Ask about the curriculum. Find out what kind of curriculum the preschool uses. Is it aligned with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)? Is it developmentally appropriate for your child?
- Talk to the teachers. Get to know the teachers at the preschool. Are they qualified? Do they have experience working with young children? Are they warm and nurturing?
- Ask about the staff-to-child ratio. The staff-to-child ratio is an important factor in determining the quality of a preschool. The EYFS recommends a maximum of 13 children for every three teachers.
- Find out about the facilities. The preschool should have clean, safe, and well-maintained facilities. There should be plenty of space for children to play and learn.
- Ask about the activities. What kind of activities does the preschool offer? Are they age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate?
- Find out about the meals and snacks. The preschool should provide nutritious meals and snacks that meet the dietary needs of young children. Apsley Lock Pre-school runs a daily Lunch Club for just £2.50 per day!
- Ask about the policies. Find out about the preschool's policies on things like discipline, absences, and illness.
- Trust your gut. When you're visiting preschools, trust your gut instinct. If you feel good about a particular preschool, it's probably a good fit for your child.
If you would like to speak to the Apsley Lock Preschool team regarding any questions or concerns you might have about whether our preschool is right for you and your child, please do not hesitate to get in touch on email@example.com or call us on 07891 093523.